Dennison, Ohio (WTUZ) – An initial call for a smoke investigation led the Dennison Fire Department to a fire at 27 S Fourth Street in the Village of Dennison.

Chief Dave McConnell said when the family came home just after 5:00 pm, they noticed smoke coming from the house.

“I think the point of origin is the upstairs bathroom. I’m waiting on the Fire Marshal to get here and we’re going to go over there and do a thorough investigation.”

Officials rescued four dogs and one of two cats that occupied the residence.

Chief McConnell estimates $6,000 in damage to the property.

Uhrichsville Fire Department, Smith Ambulance, and the Red Cross were all on hand to assist. - Michele Spring Reporting

Loading Conversation