NEW PHILADELPHIA Dover, Oh

news-logo-white.png

Firefighters from eight different station worked together Wednesday to put out a bedroom fire at a home on Boltz Orchard Road in Auburn Township. (Photo by David Ryder, Tusco TV)

Sugarcreek, Ohio - Sugarcreek firefighters say no one was injured in an Auburn Township house fire that triggered a multi-county response Wednesday morning. 

Sugarcreek Fire & Rescue spokesman Jacob Mahaffey says the station put out the first alarm just before 9 a.m. after a home security company called to report a fire inside a home on Boltz Orchard Road. 

He says firefighters from Sugarcreek, Dover and New Philadelphia arrived to find heavy flames inside the master bedroom.

“It was somewhere in the closet area, and it spread to the carpet, which in turn caught the master suite on fire,” he says.

Mehaffey says a second call for backup was answered by units from Baltic, Bakersville, Stone Creek, York Twp, and East Holmes, who helped to knock the fire down quickly and prevent it from spreading further into the home.

“Our crew was on scene quick enough that they were able to put a good knockdown in, and so the fire was just contained to the master bedroom suite there although there is heavy smoke damage throughout the house,” he says.

Mahaffey says they do not yet know the cause of the fire although appears to have been caused by an electrical short inside the closet. The cost of the damage has not yet been determined.

Sugarcreek units remained on scene until about 2:30 Wednesday afternoon. 

STACEY CARMANY, TUSCO TV


Loading Conversation